The birds are singing

I can feel Ol' Man Winter losing his grip. He tries all he can but the birds know better. It is 17 degrees this morning and the birds are singing like it was 60. They know that he can't hang on forever. Some of my friends have heard spring peepers but our "holler" is a deep and cold one and they haven't started to wake up yet here. They are calling for 60 degrees on Saturday with rain so that should get them going. I hope so. It won't be long and I can start weaning the baby goats. Some people in the goat world think you should bottle feed until 3-4 months but I have tried it both ways and have found that those babies that I wean at 2 months grow out better. Ours are eating hay and grain so well I could probably wean them now and they would be fine but I will give them 2 months. All but Romeo, he might get his bottle a little bit longer.:) He is so spoiled but he's the baby, so you'll have that. When I wean the babies, then we can start having farmers cheese and cottage cheese and ice cream and chevre and I could go on and on but you get the picture. We are planning a trip in April to see if we can buy some pigs from the Amish. We have several Amish friends that raise them, so hopefully we will be able to get some this year. Enjoy the day, it is a gift from God.

Comments

  1. Becky, I always enjoy reading your blogs. Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts