Can I spin...? No

       Well, the wheel is here and it is beautiful. It went together like a dream, every part was wrapped so nicely. It is made in Poland and it made the trip without a scratch. I had it almost put together by the time Tim got home from work. It treadles so smoothly. I am so happy with it. I attempted to try my hand at spinning, that, however, did not go like a dream. I can see it is going to take a lot of patience and time to accomplish that. I plan to spend the day, teaching myself. Maybe in a year or two, I'll get it. No one ever said it was going to be easy, right?  "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." And I am going to need His strength, believe me. 
That's Blue Boy chewing on a pigs ear and hopefully not the leg of my wheel
        Thank you for all the wonderful comments I have been getting lately. I love hearing from all of you and knowing that I have made some wonderful friends. The Lord has blessed us and our farm so much and without Him, we are nothing.      Ok, I'm off to spinning land...

Comments

  1. Becky, you can go to http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73
    It is a fiber forum on Homesteading Today. The ladies there have lots of links to videos and give lots of help to all who take part. They are the ones who talked me into making my first pair of socks. :) There are lots of spinners on there and I know at least a couple of them have the same wheel that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marci, I will do that right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ! How Lovely! It is beautiful! It will take time thought. A learned thing I believe. That from one whom only drop spins ( and not perfectly)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, it was nice viewing your BlogSpot today, the Sabbath, with the beautiful music playing. Your wheel is beautiful! Let me know if you have fiber to sell later. I've wondered if anyone around here was spinning. I just recently started knitting and can tell a big difference between the acrylics and the good fibers. I prefer the good fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spinning wheel is beautiful! I hope you get it working. We have one, but have yet to get the hang of it.
    Looking forward to seeing your progress. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Rebecca,
    I am at the bakery......on a little break. Thought I would come and see if you got your wheel!!!!!!!!!! Yeah for you! How fun. I am sure that youtube has some instructional videos. I will look and see later. Just had to come see.

    Thank you for your comment. It made me smile! I do have a prayer request. I will will write later today.

    Blessings sweet friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca,
    Your wheel is lovely! Just keep practicing on the spinning and it will just click. I think I had my wheel for a week or two before I relaxed and let the wool and wheel do the spinning. I slowed down and relaxed and all at once it clicked.
    God bless
    Sarita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, I came to your blog as you visited mine, leaving a comment. Don't know if you cruised around, but here's my spinning wheel - http://kareysoverflow.blogspot.com/search/label/Spinning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts