March comes in like a lion and another lion and another lion.....

March is so fickle...she really likes to play with you. When I went out to do the milking and all the morning chores on Saturday, the wood frogs were quacking and the peepers were peeping and I could feel spring in the air. It rained all day but stayed warm. By Sunday morning it had turned to a heavy, wet snow and by the afternoon all the little frogs were covered with a blanket of white. I'm sure they don't mind as they bury themselves back down in their mud, but it sure was nice to hear them. We had sunshine on Monday to melt all the snow. Yesterday was cloudy but warm. I was able to get some burning done last night after chores. There was just a little sliver of moon up in the western sky and it was a really nice evening. It poured the rain all night and we are back in a flood watch for today and tomorrow...... All the baby goats are down to a half a bottle now and we finally have some milk for the house. Goats and lambs are at an all time high right now, so hopefully I will be able to get a good price for this years babies. I have most of them sold already and I got a great price so hopefully that continues. With gas prices what they are, grain is going to go up, so now is the time to sell. We will be shearing the Angoras in 3 weeks so I will have to be spending alot of time washing mohair. Romeo, by the way, is flourishing. He plays with all the other babies now and when they go out on the hill and into the woods, he is usually in the lead. Nobody told him he is smaller than everybody else. He thinks he is the king. I just love him!! Enjoy this March day....

Comments

Popular Posts