Snow Day!

Well, we were dumped on  again through the night, about 5 inches. No school today! I shoveled a new path to the barn this morning. I love the snow..it makes everything so beautiful. Right now the thermometer says 14 degrees and the sun is shining. The dogs are sacked out in front  of the fire. They have been rompimg in the snow all morning. I ground enough wheat to make 4 loaves of bread first thing and now they are rising. I am going to make myself clean house before I sit down to the quilt. I may go back through seed catalogs today and finalize my orders. This year I am going to till up my herb bed and start new. The lemon balm has taken over and has crowded everything else out. I hardly had enough sage to even dry this year and the chives are getting crowded too. As soon as I can work the soil, out it comes. So I am ordering alot of new herb seed to start in the greenhouse. The Murray McMurray catalog came the other day and I am looking forward to going through it and picking out which chicks to order in the spring. I love to try new breeds and they have some different ones this year. Well, time to make a trip to the barn. Have a wonderful day.

Comments

  1. Becky, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loves the snow. Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts