We feed each other...

When one writes a blog on the internet, open to the entire world to read, you are bound to come across those who don't agree with the lifestyle you have chosen. Most of the comments are positive and I love to read them but there are those that make me step back and think. One of those comments was something to the effect about butchering animals. Now, I do have sense enough to not post all the events that take place on this farm, but the fact is, yes, we do butcher some animals. We raise beef, goats, chickens, turkeys and pigs to be eaten, not just to look at. Also, we might as well get this out, YES, we do believe we have the right to bear arms! Here is how I feel about raising animals for us to eat. God provided those animals for that purpose. While they are here on the farm, they are taken the best care of that we know how. They are always fed properly and on time. When the time comes for them to be butchered, it is done swiftly, without any suffering. It is one of the main reasons we have a farm. So that we are as self sufficient as possible. To be able to provide for ourselves is very important to us. So it all comes back to the title of this blog...We feed each other... The chickens give us eggs and meat. The goats give us milk and meat. Even down to the bees. They pollinate the garden and give us honey. I was reminded again of this cycle when I fed the bees the other day. Late February is when you give the bees syrup water to stimulate them to make brood for the spring. As I put the feeder on the hive and the bees were swarming around me, I thought to myself...." we feed each other" It's a cycle that is constant around every farm. On our farm, twice a day, 365 days a year, animals are cared for and fed. I would like your feed back on this. Those who know me, also know that I love a good debate, so bring it on but let's keep it fair....

Comments

Popular Posts