Thankful...

          As a farmer I suppose I am thankful for different things than most. As I am writing this post, the ground outside is white with snow and a few snowflakes are falling. I am thankful for that because as most of you know, I love snow! I love the sound of the crunch, crunch of the snow under my boots as I walked to the barn this morning at five o'clock. I love the way the wooden bridge creaks under my weight when I cross it and on the other side, the sheep and goats have been listening for that sound and start to baa at me before I ever open the barn door. They know I am coming and they wait for me every morning. I am thankful for that. I open the door to the new chicken coop and greet all the chickens with a couple of handfuls of cracked corn. The cluck and talk to me and pick corn off the toe of my boots where I dropped it. I am thankful for that. The alpacas and sheep are busy munching their grain when I step back into the barn. The goats are anxiously waiting for their grain, so I as I fill their feed pans, they hurry to lick up every last morsel and I am thankful for healthy animals. I am thankful for a big beautiful barn to keep them out of the weather. I am thankful for a loft full of sweet hay.
            When I come to the house, I am thankful for a warm fire to back up to. I am thankful for my husband and my children and grandchildren. I am thankful for this wonderful state that I live in and for it's people who are the kindest people on earth. But most of all...I am thankful for my Lord and Savior because without Him, I would have nothing to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

PS: There is a surprise in the works around here. I am so excited, I am about to bust!! Stay tuned as we work out all the details...

Comments

Popular Posts