Changes

          I haven't done much on the blog for the last several weeks. There are several reasons for that, one being the holidays and being so busy. But the main reason is that there have been alot of changes in my life lately. Change is good but change is also hard. I have had to take a real hard look at myself and there are some things there that I don't like. So, therefore, I need to change and with the Lord's help, I will. This blog will also change, because I am going to change. I need to concentrate on home and being here as much as I can. I need to follow Proverbs 31 as closely as I can. It is going to be my new recipe for life. It is my desire to not worry about a thing in the world and just concentrate on home. This farm means more than anything to me and it is my santuary.  I found an article written by J.R Miller and it really struck home. " A true home is one of the most sacred places. It is a resting place, at which close of day the weary retire to gather new strength for the battle and toil of tomorrow. It is the place where love learns its lessons, where life is schooled into dicipline and strength, where character is molded.... Home is the true wife's kingdom. She may touch life outside in many ways, if she can do it without slighting the duties that are hers within her own doors. The woman who makes a sweet, beautiful home, filling it with love and prayer and purity, is doing something better than anything else her hands could find to do beneath the skies. "  This is just a small part of what he wrote but it made me take a good look at myself and the kind of Godly woman and wife that I desire to be.
        On a much lighter note... winter is here and I am happy for the time of quiet that it brings. All is well in the barn, I am only milking one doe. They are due to freshen again in March. The pigs are fat and happy. Luke is doing great and I am getting around 20 eggs a day. The new spinning wheel is ordered and should be here next week. I am going to be adding some lambs in the spring. I have been knitting like crazy. I am working with some Alpaca yarn right now and love it. My husband told me not to get any wise ideas about adding an alpaca to the herd. Hope everyone is "wintering" well where ever you are.

Comments

  1. Heirford dairy farm here and I hear you on being more home come the winter. I truly love it. I have not been off this farm in 22 days now and find total solitude by being on my own time ( except milking hours) and doing what I believe I should be doing. Carring for my family and farm. I hope you will post some of your knitting. Would love to see it. Love you photo's of you working at a fort/pioneer village. Very calming to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca what a breath of fresh air you are. I too have had changes in my life in the last 2 years. We are going to inherit the family farm when the estate issues are all settled. The farm is still making money for the brothers and sisters and goes into a fund. We have farmed along side my sweet mans Momma and Daddy, but they are now gone. It was apparent that we were going to have to find employment elsewhere to keep the farm going. My sweet man and I asked together for the Lord to please keep our two daughters which we homeschool and us all together. We have loved working along side each other for over 37 years on the farm and after we get the farm hope that we can do again. Long story short we begged our Heavenly Father and He gave us a job in the kitchen at a CHRISTian college not far from the farm. The girls and I are in the bakery.........I never in my life thought I would have to leave my Home at 59.......which I love so dearly, but I realize we live in a imperfect world. I am still by my sweet man's side and the girls and I are together baking. The fact that the girls and I work together, has been a blessing. They are 17 and 20. We have asked the Lord to bring their husbands to their Daddy. They are trusting the Lord in that. We are being used to bring the light of Jesus to the kitchen. Many do not know Him. Precious to see what He does each day! I quietly praise Him all day long as He lays on our heart what to pray. We are Home at 2. in the afternoon so we can still tend to our farm and Home. Just wanted to share.........when I get Home I never hardly leave.......it is our place of refuge! Blessings as the Lord makes you into His image. It will be a beautiful gift for Himself! We are His Bride........so precious!

    So glad to have met you.....God ordained...you are a sweetie!

    Blessings, Linda
    Prairie Flower Farm
    Kansas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts