Luke

      We have a new member in our family and his name is Luke. He is a 6 month old Halflinger. Yes, he is named after Luke in the Bible because Tim and Emilee were reading in Luke shortly before we got him. I had been pondering on many different horse names and had several in mind. However, Emilee took one look at him and promptly said, "His name is Luke". So, Luke it is. He has been here for two weeks now and he is well settled in. He has the sweet, gentle nature that Halflingers are noted for. He had never had grain before but it only took a few evening of watching everyone else eat their grain and he has figured it out. He now thinks grain is the most wonderful thing in the world and as soon as he hears the screen door slam on the back porch, he starts to whinny and carry on. All day long... Years ago Tim and I had several head of horses and the girls always had horses but we had sold our last one over 7 years ago. We both missed having a horse on the farm. So we decided to start back small. One that we can work as well as ride. I had forgotten how nice it is to bury your nose in a horses mane. I love the smell of a horse and I love to kiss their noses.  (Those of you who are horse lovers know what I am talking about.) You know the old saying, "There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man" I agree whole heartedly. I am very glad that we have Luke and I hope he stays with us for many years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts