Dairy Day







Yesterday was our annual trip to Pricketts Fort, an 1770's example of what life was like on the frontier, to have Dairy Day. It is our day to shine and promote what we do with our dairy goats and why we do it. Despite the pouring rain, we still had over a hundred folks attend and ask many questions about our life. I started the day by churning butter in a wooden churn. I had so many people say that they would never have the patience to stand and churn for an hour and a half. We live in a fast food world where very few want to take the time to enjoy  the process of making their food. Then I was able to milk two of our does. Marshmallow and April Mae did very well with the crowd and the rain, and stood patiently. Not one person there when I was milking had ever seen it done before. This suprised me, something that I have done thousands of time without even thinking, and there was a crowd who had never seen it done before. Amazing.... Tim took lots of pictures so I could share them with you. I hope you enjoy them.

Comments

  1. Thanks Becky
    Most people don't know much about living in the country, and how to be self sufficient. It's good for them to see that there are still people who value this and maybe it will spark an interest for more the raise a few goats. I know it's a lot of work, but also lots of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts